Questions For The Doctor
It’s often practical to prepare some questions before meeting with a doctor, physiotherapist, gynecologist or other healthcare professional about incontinence. Here is a list to consider.
- What is the underlying issue that’s causing the incontinence? In other words, what type of incontinence is being experienced – stress, urge, etc?
- What kind of tests might be required to confirm the prognosis?
- Is it temporary?
- Will it resolve on its own or will it require treatment?
- Are there lifestyle changes could improve – or even eradicate – the issue?
- Could pelvic floor muscle exercises help?
- What treatments are suitable for the specific type of incontinence?
- Are there any side effects from the treatment?