Adjusting small everyday choices can make a big difference to bladder control.
- Try reducing, or even ceasing, the intake of caffeine, carbonated drinks and alcohol as all of these can irritate the bladder
- Avoid constipation; a diet rich in fruit, vegetables, whole grains and fibre should help, consider a fibre supplement if necessary
- Drink plenty of water as being dehydrated concentrates urine and irritates the bladder
- Quit smoking
- Get weight into the healthy range
- Exercise regularly – it helps with bowel regularity and weight control